ELEARNING / BLENDED LEARNING FOR CABIN CREW AND CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENTS
‘Online Learning’ is not the next big thing, it’s the now big thing!
Online Learning will enhance your knowledge and education allowing you the opportunity to advance your career into the aviation industry without the need of you quitting your job. It is a wonderful opportunity for people who normally could not attend traditional classroom training for reasons such as lack of transportation, accommodation, training fees or the harsh realities of work. This method of learning enables a learner to fit their studies around their lifestyles.
EPT Aviation Training is proud and delighted to announce that we are now offering a Cabin Crew Member Licensing Programme which utilises the blended learning methodology. This online programme is based on our accredited South African Civil Aviation Authority licensing course.
The blended Cabin Crew Member Licensing Programme comprises of the following two essential components:
- Online Learning Component for Cabin Crew Member Licensing – This is the e-learning section of the Programme and focuses on the theoretical aspects of the syllabus relating to cabin crew member licensing. Approximately 260 hours (within a two month period) is available to the learner to complete this section of the programme. Interaction with instructors and fellow students takes place via Classroom Discussion Forums
- Mandatory Residency Component for Cabin Crew Member Licensing – This is the component when all examinations and practical assessments for the licensing of cabin crew members is undertaken. Learners are required to attend this component at the premises of EPT Aviation Training for a two week period. Learners are required to successfully complete all aspects of the Online Learning Component prior to attending the mandatory two week residency period.
Blended Learning Programme for Cabin Crew Licensing Training
Duration Online: 8 weeks
Duration Residency: 2 weeks - Practicals to be completed at our training venue
Course fee: R13 500
Duration: 6 Weeks
Course fee: R15 500
Customer Service Agents / Passenger Ground Handling ELearning / Full Time - Airport Based Careers
On completion of the Customer Service agent / Passenger Ground Handling course,learners will be eligible to apply for ground positions within the aviation industry. These areas include: Meet and greets,Check-in, Boarding, Arrivals and / Reservations. Chance of employment is increased as handling agents often prefer employing staff members who have airline knowledge.
Although the training is no guarantee of employment we do have an understanding with some companies to contact us when they require trained staff.
The training modules which form part of the passenger ground handling training are:
- Aviation General, codes and Abbreviations,Airline Terminology,Travel Documentation,Baggage Handling,Airport Environment - Hazards and Risks & Basic Ticketing
- Aviation Medicine,HIV & AIDS and handling of passengers with special needs
- Dangerous Goods
- Security Awareness
- Interviewing skills
- Customer Resource Management, Conflict Management, Cultural Diversity
LAUNCHING 14th NOVEMBER 2016
Blended Learning Program for our Customer Service Agent / Passenger Ground Handling, Part Time – Online.
Course Duration: 3 weeks from the 14th November 2016 with a compulsory Residency period commencing, 5th - 9th December 2016.
Course Cost: R5000.00
- Minimum age 17 years
- Proficient in English
Minimum Grade 12 or NQF Level 4
Customer Service Agent /Passenger Ground Handling - Full time
Duration: 3 Weeks (15 working days)
Course fee: R6000
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR UNDERTAKING AN ONLINE TRAINING PROGRAMME
To study online you must be able to access and use the e-learning portal of EPT aviation training. It will be the learners responsibility to ensure that they have a good internet connection and a suitable computer with the relevant supporting software. To be able to use the e-learning portal effectively, you will need the following:
- An Internet connection at home
- A personal email address
- A suitable computer
- Supporting software